Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Okay okay I have an Excuse!



I haven't written because of the holiday! We were out of town with family and then our barn burnt down yesterday..crazy I know
Had a fabulous time with my husband's brother, wife and 2 kids + wife's mom...and the whole neighborhood. This is the kind of neighborhood you want to have your kids grow up in. Everyone is friends, the kids can wander from house to house or play in the culdesac, and it is safe...and fun!
Last night after we got home, we did movie day and were watching Jurassic Park 3 (blog in and of itself about that huh?). We had shut the blinds so we could see the tv better as the sun was going down. There was some crazy knocking on our door so my hubby looked out the window and saw someone running around to the back of the house, so he went to the kitchen window (which faces the back yard). All of a sudden he swears and yells the barn's on fire!
It was our neighbor who was trying to see if we were home and she came to our back door and yelled for us to turn the water on as she grabbed our hose. I'll tell you, that barn shot up in flames so fast! We were in awe and I didn't know what to do because I couldn't believe it. The daze finished and I grabbed the kids, put the dogs in the van and watched from the front yard at the end of the road. It was a crazy ordeal. But everyone was safe and no damage to the house....the barn...a different story.
I guess that's a way to not have to worry about getting rid of past tenants junk. That's all that was in there thank goodness!

No comments: